Tuesday, October 28, 2008

NYC Leatherfest

There is something very sexy about leather. Olivia Newton John in "Grease" knew this, and that is why at the end of the movie she got all dressed up in leather to seduce Danny Zukko. Or was that black Spandex?

In the gay world, there is something very naughty, masculine, and manly about leather. I wonder if straight people have leather fetish bars like we do. With the wearing of leather comes a whole other sexual lifestyle as well. One of dominant masters, and submissive slaves. Frankly, I love the whole look of it all -the chaps and the harnesses, maybe a manly muscular hairy man-- Its all very sexy. I just don't know if I'm too keen on the sexual lifestyle part of it. I could possibly get into being submissive, just not sure how much of it involves pain-- which I am not into.

One Sunday I called Ivan to see what he was up to and he said "Let's check out the NYC Leatherfest". I called Herbelicious and said "Let's do it!". Confession time! 3 months ago, the same exact scenario took place where I called Ivan and he said let's check out the Fulsom Street East Leather Festival and I must say it was HOT! Eye Candy everywhere in hot leather! Herbelicious missed out on that event, and so when Ivan said lets go to the leatherfest,
there was no hesitation, and I knew I had to call Herb. Mental note: How come Ivan seems to know about all the leather festivals? I don't recall seeing leather in Ivan's closet.

The Leatherfest wasn't as large as Fulsom Street East, or as interesting. They did not have the man in a Speedo all bound up, or the Drag Queen
wearing all leather singing her heart out. Rather, this was a small affair held under the Highline Park (Bridge) on West 13th Street between Washington and West Street-- A Dark part of the Meatpacking district-- How appropriate.



The first thing we saw when we got there was an exhibit of a man completely covered in black plastic, and a purple latex mask being duct taped to a chair. Wasn't quite a turn on to me, but clearly a turn on for some of the audience members who stood by licking there lips. Whatever floats your boat.

A few booths down was a wrestling exhibit. 2 cute guys in wrestling singlets rolling on the ground, clearly aroused. HOT!! Maybe I should take up wrestling. My last sexual partner did comment that I was a little too rough with him.

There wasn't as many hot guys walking around as the last time, but there were a few, all very reminiscent of Tom of Finland artwork.




                                            The Hot leather cop.




The Leather Cowboy.



                                Mr NYC Leather.


All very hot guys.

The festival is also an opportunity for people to purchase leather and fetish items at a discounted price. I caught a great picture of Herbelicious looking at a red leather vest, the wind catching his hair just right to create that Farah Fawcett effect. (Does Farah Fawcett like leather?). I found myself a little intrigued by the leather jockstraps though I'm not sure I'd have an appropriate venue to wear it to.
Ivan being the diva that he is took interest in a feather fan... the Karl Lagerfeld look maybe? I ended up purchasing a leather bracelet with the word "Virgin" in metal letters across it. Technically by dictionary definition I am still a virgin. HA!



On our way out, we stopped by a booth to check a woman dominating a man using two sticks. Actually I'm not sure exactly what she was doing, looked sort of like a massage, until she stepped right on his balls and then sat on his face. That.. I'm not into.


All in all it was an interesting day, and as we posed for our final pictures, Herbelicious ripped his pants.. right up the crotch. I guess ripped denim goes right along with leather.. except that he was wearing Pink Flamingo underwear!

I think that sometimes, we have to explore and expand our comfort zones. You don't have to necessarily take part in something you might think is strange, different, or scary; but you should explore it even just for a little bit. You never know what you might like. After all, how can you say you dislike something if you haven't ever tried it. To think, we did this all for $5!  ......So... Anyone looking for a slaveboy?


Learn Spanish!  Cuero- Leather

1 comment:

The Herbster said...

LOVE IT - had I known you were going to show my boxers I should have bought a leather jockstrap : ) - it was a nice peek (get it) into the world of slaves and masters! I was hoping to see large hairy muscular boys in chaps and such but oh well am sure in our next outing we can go to a bar that caters to such clientele...I mean after all we need to find ya a master - slaveboy William!!!! That sounds hot actually - slaveboy William! - HAHAHAHA! I love your closing paragraph - that is why NYC is the place to be because it's so easy to be exposed to so many comforting and uncomfortable things and yet realize that tolerance is a precious gift we are all capable of acquiring and one that we should nourish daily!