Monday, November 24, 2008

Habibi! Beloved, Sweetheart

Herberlicious and I are always on the lookout for hot men. Recently, we started noticing that a lot of the guys who work the Halal food carts on the streets of New York are HOT! But clearly not gay (after all, President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, in his speech at Columbia University, said that there were no gays in Iran like in the U. S. )- -We know better!


I had heard that there was a gay Arab dance party in NYC that was held only once a month, and changed venues each time. How do we find a moving party? I did an Internet search for gay Arab party NYC and found a blurb for Habibi! After following the links and finding it very intriguing http://www.izmix.com/, I found the party was for that upcoming Saturday. I quickly called the gang, Herbelcious, Robert, Ivan, and my friend Peter and told them we were going.


This month’s party was held at the China Club. After an extreme body pat down by the bouncers (which was really hot!) we were allowed in. The music was intoxicating. Hard driving dance beat, with a Middle Eastern flare--perhaps accordion, perhaps oboe or some sort of exotic instrument winding through the baselines. The lights on the walls and floor swirling patterns, and HOT Boys everywhere! Hot Arab boys with Dark features all dancing very sensually gyrating their hips, and belly dancing. Throughout the lyrics of all of the songs could be heard the word “Habibi” which means My Darling or Beloved. The smell in the air was also intoxicating. I cannot describe it, sweet and spicy with a hint of musk.. HOT!!

We quickly picked up the exotic erotic style of dance, me having always felt out of place dancing in regular clubs because I shake my ass too much (being from Hawaii), finally felt like I belonged. All these Hot Arab boys were shaking their asses off too!





The music kept building and building, the room getting hotter and hotter. Suddenly, a belly dancer appeared balancing a tray of lit candles on her head.


The men quickly surrounded her and cheered her on. She then started to pull guys up to dance with her. It was all very intoxicating and so sensual and HOT!
Throughout the evening, both Herbelicious and I kept getting asked "what kind of arab are you? French Arab?".


When the show was over it was back to dancing when out of nowhere appeared the Cartier Diva himself, ROGER! Guess Herbelicious and I aren’t the only ones who think Arab Boys are hot.


I had never danced so much in my life, my Red T-Shirt was soaked (which wasn’t a good thing because it was freezing cold outside), and for some reason, my shins hurt.

On our way home, Herbelicious and I stopped for pizza where some crazy drunk Irish or Scottish guy (I couldn't quite tell because his speech was so slurred) kept asking us what time it was because his blackberry said it was 7:45AM (it was 2:45AM here in NYC).


In the 59th street subway station, we came across a huge splatter of vomit! It was so sick, that I couldn’t even look at it because it was starting to make me gag. And you could see that this wasn’t just vomit, but that it was like projectile or something! Just looking at the picture still makes me gag.

Herbelicious and I talked about how we needed to bring Quinta to the next Habibi because she would love the dancing, and also bring my friend Raquel because she speaks some Farsi. As we looked at the pictures on the subway, we noticed there were a lot of orbs. Tricks of light? Or is the China Club Haunted?

Look at all the orbs in this picture!


Both Herbelicious and I went to sleep with Arab boys in our dreams.

Learn Spanish: amorcito, corazoncito- Habibi- Sweetheart, beloved

1 comment:

The Herbster said...

HABIBI rocked! You have to be there in person to get the full sensory experience! Next time I will dress appropriately - which means a t-shirt (fitted of course) or a light linen shirt! Also, next time I will mingle a lot more as all the boys were very friendly and non-threatening! Everyone seemed happy to be there and just dance and mingle! The other observation I made was how among different ethnic gay groups - there are still certain defined roles - twinks, bears, muscle boys, average guys and sugar daddies! It was great to see that in this crowd as well. I had expected it to be more restraint for some reason - but they weren't they were just there to have a totally great time! I already want to befriend these two dancers that had amazing hip control/movement. I would have loved to see a male belly dancer - that would have been CALIENTE!!! The ORBS in the pictures did freak me out - especially since Will has a sense for these things and made me focus on one of the orbs and it looks like a face with arm raised....FREAKING SCARY! Ghost's or no ghost's the whole experience was fun and quite 'stimulating' hmmmmm! Even seeing William laugh at the regurgitated baked ziti on the floor of the 59th St. train stop and then to suddenly see him gag and almost blow his own chunks - it was just funny - I think the threw up a little in his mouth - but he will never admit it! Stay tuned for the next time we attend the next Habibi party - YAY!